The United Kingdom visitor visa which is also known as the Standard Visitor Visa is a United Kingdom short stay visa that allows its holder to stay in the UK for up to 6 months.This visa is established for those who wish to travel to United Kingdom for the purpose of - Tourism or to visit family members. Tourism includes holidays, recreation and seeing family or friends. It is an official document issued by UK visa office that is placed in your passport to show that you have met the requirements for admission to United Kingdom as a temporary resident.
Conditions to Apply tourist visa
In order to qualify, applicants have to prove to British high commission that they are suitable candidates for the visa. The conditions required for visa officers to consider in making decisions on whether to grant or deny visitor visa applications are as follows:
- Whether the applicant will return to his or her home country after his or her visit to United Kingdom.
- Whether they have sufficient ties to their home countries as grounds for leaving United Kingdom on time.
- Whether they have sufficient funds to support themselves during their visit to United Kingdom.
- Whether they have a place to stay in United Kingdom during their visit.
- The intended duration of their visit and whether they have visited United Kingdom in the past.
How long you can stay
This is a temporary visa.
You can stay for the period or dates specified on the visa stamp on the passport. You must exit the country before the validity of the visa. It is multiple entries visa. One can leave and re-enter UK on the visa while it is valid. Generally a period of 6 months visa is granted
You Can also apply for Long Term Visa
There is possibility to apply visa for 2, 5 or 10 years visa. It is multiple entry visa. For this visa, Embassy fee vary according to the duration of the visa. You need to show exceptional circumstances If you want to apply long term visa.
- Passport copy (Front and backside). Visa stamps if travelled to any countries before
- Passport Size Photograph
- Previous refusal copy (if any )
- Sponsorship documents/ Hotel booking
- Income tax returns for last three years with computation
- Bank Statement of last 6 months (recent)
- Property registry copy and valuations
- Letter Head & Visiting Cards
- Business registration proof (GST no., License no. etc)
- ID Card
- Salary Slips last 6 months or Salary account statement
- NOC from company or organization of work
- Form 16 of last 3 years (if possible)
- Agriculture Income Certificate from Tehsildar or Magistrate confirming
- Fard Haqiqat of Agriculture Land with English Translation
- Pension certificate & Statement of Bank
- Pension Payment Order