Subclass 309 - Partner (Provisional) Visa


The Subclass 309 Partner (Provisional) Visa allows the partner or spouse of an Australian citizen, Australian
permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen to live in Australia temporarily. This is the first step towards
obtaining the Subclass 100 Partner (Migrant) Visa, which allows for permanent residency


Eligibility Criteria

To be eligible for the Subclass 309 Visa, you must:

Key Points to Remember

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Processing times can vary, but it generally takes several months. It’s advisable to apply well in advance of your intended travel date.
Yes, you can work in Australia while holding the Subclass 309 Visa
If your relationship ends, you must inform the Department of Home Affairs immediately. Your visa may be affected, and you might need to apply for another visa to stay in Australia.
Yes, you can include dependent children in your visa application.